Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb fresh string bean, prepared (for cooking)
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Simmer the beans in a small amount of water for about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until brown.
- Add salt, almonds, and cooked beans.
I liked this side dish alot. The shiitakes added a nice level of flavor to the beans. After I added the beans, I cooked the mushrooms with the beans and almonds several minutes more to get the flavor of the mushrooms mixed through. I thought the flavor of this dish was even better the next day, when I reheated the leftovers ; >
Very tasty and easy. Used olive oil instead of butter and I couldn't find slivered almonds and had to use sliced which were too heavy and fell to the bottom.