Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely and different presentation for those green beans that ought to be rolling in from our gardens shortly. I especially love freshly picked Romano beans in this dish. From Taste of Thai - thank you, thank you, thank you!
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 chili pepper, fresh
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 inch gingerroot, fresh (one inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Trim the ends of the beans and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Remove seeds from the chili pepper and dice. Discard seeds.
- Zest the lemon.
- Grate the ginger, discarding the stringy part that will come from grating it.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the diced chili, ginger and lemon zest. Sauté for one minute.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat. Cook over medium high heat until crisp-tender, about five minutes. It is better to undercook this dish, to avoid soggy beans.
- When beans are almost cooked, add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Finish cooking and serve warm.