From Betty Crocker Quick & Easy. Dip these in pizza sauce, salsa, or spaghetti sauce that has been warmed up.
- Stir bixquick and milk until soft dough forms and then beat 30 seconds with a spoon.
- Place dough on flat surface that has been sprinkled with dry bisquick mix.
- Roll the dough around to coat it and knead 10-12 times.
- Roll the dough to 1/4" thick.
- Cut into 8 rectangles about 6x2 each.
- Put cheese sticks onto each dough cut-out, and roll the dough around it.
- Pinch edge into roll to seal, seal edges and gently roll back and forth to further seal.
- Place sticks on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix butter and garlic and brush it over the cheese sticks once you remove them from the oven.
Good! Yummm! I used white cheddar cheese sticks and twist string cheese. I brushed them with garlic butter the last few minutes of cooking. We are high altitude and must cook a little longer. The amount of dough was perfect for me, not a bid left over. I also think after cooling a bit, they could be used as the bottom part of a canape with some cooked ham on top of each slice. I haven't tried this, but this recipe is so quick and easy it would be a great way for fast appetizers also. Thanks for posting Krsi Sue.
These were quite good! The cheese melted perfectly & the garlic gave a little extra kick. We just felt that there was too much dough relative to the amount of cheese - and, I had already discarded a portion of the prepared dough.
Easy recipe. Very tasty. Loved the fact that they are baked and not deep fried. Tastes like a cheese-stuffed mini roll. Thank you; my children loved them.