Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking. I like using string cheese in this recipe because it saves me from slicing!
Top Review by I'mPat
I made a few minor changes in that I used spicy Sicilian sausages and as I used a basil infused spaghetti sauce I used dried basil instead of rosemary and as the DH does not like sauce on top of his meatloaf as he prefers to put bbq sauce on it on his plate I put the full cup into the meat mix. Baked at 160C fan forced and it was cooked to perfection in 1 1/4 hours and with four of us dining there were left overs for sandwiches. I think this meatloaf would be equally delicious without the cheese as the meat itself has so much flavour and that spiciness from the sausage really makes it even more so, thank you Recipe Junkie, made for Name that Ingredient.
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 3 pieces mozzarella string cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- in bowl, combine 1/2 c spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs, galric and rosemary.
- Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- Presss half into greased 8x4x2" loaf pan.
- Place two pieces of cheese, side by side, near one end of loaf.
- Cut the remaining piece of cheese in half.
- Place side by side on opposite end of loaf.
- Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Press down firmly to seal.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat themometer reads 160°F
- Drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.