Recipe by Chef Jean
This is sometimes served as the vegetable course in Mozambique. Seems very easy to make with common ingredients. Posted for ZWT.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 potatoes, large, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, large, cut into chunks
- 1 tomatoes, large, cut into chunks
- 1 lb fresh string bean, cut diagonally into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to the boil then add the salt, pepper, potatoes, tomatoes and onions.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and puree in a food processor then return to the pot add the string beans and simmer for 10 minutes, until the beans are tender. Season to taste and serve.