1/3 Photos of Striking Strawberry Cake
Strawberries plus strawberry gelatin added to the mix packs this cake with tons of strawberry flavor. The Cool-Whip and strawberry frosting just adds to the delight!! Very easy to make, and nice to take to picnics and potlucks. I have never made this as a layer cake, but I imagine that you may have to use a bit more Cool-Whip to frost the entire outside of the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 package strawberry gelatin (4-serving size)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat together all cake ingredients and pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan.
- 3Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4Make frosting by folding strawberries into Cool-Whip.
- 5Spread frosting over cooled cake, and refrigerate until serving.
- 6**Note:This cake can also be prepared as a layer cake by baking in two 9-inch cake pans, spreading a thin layer of frosting between layers, then frosting outside of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Striking Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 348.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g