Strawberries plus strawberry gelatin added to the mix packs this cake with tons of strawberry flavor. The Cool-Whip and strawberry frosting just adds to the delight!! Very easy to make, and nice to take to picnics and potlucks. I have never made this as a layer cake, but I imagine that you may have to use a bit more Cool-Whip to frost the entire outside of the cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together all cake ingredients and pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Make frosting by folding strawberries into Cool-Whip.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake, and refrigerate until serving.
- **Note:This cake can also be prepared as a layer cake by baking in two 9-inch cake pans, spreading a thin layer of frosting between layers, then frosting outside of cake.