1/3 Photos of Striking Strawberry Cake
Strawberries plus strawberry gelatin added to the mix packs this cake with tons of strawberry flavor. The Cool-Whip and strawberry frosting just adds to the delight!! Very easy to make, and nice to take to picnics and potlucks. I have never made this as a layer cake, but I imagine that you may have to use a bit more Cool-Whip to frost the entire outside of the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 package strawberry gelatin (4-serving size)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat together all cake ingredients and pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan.
- 3Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4Make frosting by folding strawberries into Cool-Whip.
- 5Spread frosting over cooled cake, and refrigerate until serving.
- 6**Note:This cake can also be prepared as a layer cake by baking in two 9-inch cake pans, spreading a thin layer of frosting between layers, then frosting outside of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Striking Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 348.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g