Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I had this recipe on Thanksgiving, during my stay at Duke Diet Fitness Center in Durham NC. It's tasty and sure hits the spot. A real treat for those who are trying to lose weight! I use fat free half and half and Brown Sugar Twin in place of the brown sugar to cut the calories even more. Nutritional Value: Calories 250 Fat 6.3 g Protein 3.3 g Fiber 2.7 g Sodium 149 mg
- 14 cups sweet potatoes, about 5 lbs., peeled (1-inch cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil peeled and cubed sweet potatoes, until tender, about 12 minutes Drain.
- Combine the half and half, and next 4 ingredients in a lg. bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add potato to egg mixture, beat with a mixer at med. speed until smooth.
- Spoon potato mixture into a 9x13" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in a food processor, and pulse to combine.
- Add chilled butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in pecans and sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Cover, and bake at 375, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake an additional 25 mins., or until the topping is browned, and the potatoes are thoroughly heated.