- 5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes in large pot of water and cook until tender.
- Drain, cool slightly and peel.
- Cut into chunks.
- Combine the half-and-half and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add potato to egg mixture, beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon potato mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in a food processor; pulse to combine.
- Add chilled butter, pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in pecans; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 25 minutes more or until the topping is browned and the potatoes are heated through.