Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these this morning and found they cooked faster then I anticipated. I think next time I will bake these in non-stick mini loaf or bunt pans instead of a muffin tin. This recipe is very tasty and the muffins aren't overly sweet. You can use any reconstituted dried berries in these.
For the Muffins
- 1⁄2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk (non dairy)
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine (melted)
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
For the Streusel Topping
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons firm packed brown sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened vegan margarine
- Soak the berries in hot water until they plump up.
- Prepare your Streusel topping by mixing the ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Preheat your oven to 400'F. Lightly grease and flour muffin cups or use paper or foil liners.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine the yogurt, milk, sugars and melted margarine and banana.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Combine with the wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Then gently fold in the reconstituted dried fruit and nuts if using.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the muffins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- I found this definitely made more then 12 muffins.
- Bon Appetit.