Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is a never fail streusel..the cornmeal adds just the right touch..
Make and share this Streusel Topping for Pies Etc.. recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, sugar and cornmeal in medium bowl, drizzle with melted butter and toss with a fork till well combined and mixture forms many large chunks with pea sized pieces through out.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 350* for 5 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle streusel over pie.
Thanks for posting this grandma2969. I wanted a simple crumb topping to put over some peaches and this was just the thing! I added some cinnamon to spice it up. Baked the crumbs in my little toaster oven rather than heat up the big oven. It took longer than 5 minutes to brown them but that could be my toaster oven. I took a few pics which I will try to post later for you. Thx again.