Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
These take a little while to make but are worth it in the end. Points 5.
Make and share this Streusel-Topped Orange Cranberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened muesli
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange zest
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh, frozen, rinsed and sorted
- Make streusel by combining muesli, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter and water to mixture.
- Using fingertips, mash together until mixture forms small pieces.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Place the juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, yogurt, vanilla extract, orange peel and reduced orange juice.
- Add egg and egg white and combine thoroughly by hand using a wire whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture in two parts.
- Mix by hand until just combined.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of streusel topping on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins until tops are lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on wire rack.