Recipe by VickyJ
This sure is a tasty way to start out the day with a hot cup of java or hot cocoa. I changed the recipe to 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I agree with the reviewer, it needed more and made some this morning that way! If you aren't a fan of a lot of chocolate chips, you can make them with the original amount, 1/4 cup.
- 1 egg
- 158.51 ml milk
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml original Bisquick baking mix
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml original Bisquick baking mix
- 78.07 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Beat egg in large bowl. Add all remaining coffee cake ingredients except chocolate chips; mix well. Beat 30 strokes with spoon. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into sprayed pan.
- In small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients; mix well. Crumble mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes before serving.