Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This sure is a tasty way to start out the day with a hot cup of java or hot cocoa. I changed the recipe to 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I agree with the reviewer, it needed more and made some this morning that way! If you aren't a fan of a lot of chocolate chips, you can make them with the original amount, 1/4 cup.
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Beat egg in large bowl. Add all remaining coffee cake ingredients except chocolate chips; mix well. Beat 30 strokes with spoon. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into sprayed pan.
- In small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients; mix well. Crumble mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe was easy to follow and quick to make. It was delicious, yet needed more chocolate chips.