Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love the combination of blueberries and chocolate. These are super yummy. The crunchy topping just put s them over the top.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Streusel topping:.
- Combine ingredients well. Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners or treat tin with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine egg, buttermilk, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 -25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
They just came out of the oven and look (and smell) delicious! The batter came together well, but my 'streusel' topping didn't seem to work. It was more of a paste rather than a crumble (that might be my fault, not the recipe, not sure...). It tasted good, so I just put a dollop on each muffin before baking. They're moist and taste great!
Started making these and noticed that there were was no flour mentioned. Added about 2 cups and they turned out real good! Also would mix the dry ingredients first together as they kind of clumped when I added them to the mix. Loved the mix of blueberries and chocolate! Thanks connie! :)