Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is the best way to use your over ripe bananas. These are especially good because of the crunchy brown sugar streusel on top. A regular in my house.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the flour, oats, melted butter, and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon, mix and press together with a fork until it looks crumbly, and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 1/2 c flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the egg, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil, mix well then add to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened, fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup, about 2/3 full each. Top each batter filled cup with the streusel topping, enough to cover so you cant see the batter. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 min, or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Yummy! I only made one change....I did not melt the butter, just used softened butter in the crumb topping. Easy and delicious!
I am searching for the perfect banana nut muffin recipe, and while this is not perfect, it tasted the best out of what we have tried so far. The topping was very good, but it was a bit too crumbly and alot fell off when taking them out of the pan. And they were a bit small, we are looking for bakery style, and I think I would make less of them but fill the tins a bit more.
This is the best banana muffin mix iver ever made !!! Now making double batch for evryone in the neighborhood :)