This is the best way to use your over ripe bananas. These are especially good because of the crunchy brown sugar streusel on top. A regular in my house.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the flour, oats, melted butter, and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon, mix and press together with a fork until it looks crumbly, and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 1/2 c flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the egg, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil, mix well then add to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened, fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup, about 2/3 full each. Top each batter filled cup with the streusel topping, enough to cover so you cant see the batter. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 min, or until toothpick test comes out clean.