1/6 Photos of Streusel Topped Banana Nut Bread
1 hr 5 mins
I have made this many times for neighborhood gifts. Seems to be very well appreciated. I got this recipe from the Southern Living Christmas book. It also goes over very well at a breakfast get together. This is the most awesome banana bread I have ever tried because of the topping.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons uncooked Quaker Oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter or 1/3 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1Combine first three ingredients for streusel topping.
- 2Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- 3Chill streusel.
- 4Beat banana and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl just until smooth.
- 5Don't overmix.
- 6Combine dry ingredients.
- 7Add to banana mixture
- 8Stir just until moistened.
- 9Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- 10Spoon batter into (3) (5-3/4 x 3-1/4 inch) greased disposable mini loaf pans or Can use regular size loaf pans but will only make 2.
- 11Sprinkle each loaf evenly with streusel topping.
- 12Bake at 350 for 35 min or until knife comes out fairly clean.
- 13Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minute Remove and continue to cool on wire rack.
- 14You can put back in pans for gift giving.
- 15(I omit the step of taking out of pans and it has worked out fine).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Streusel Topped Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 277.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g