1/3 Photos of Streusel Top Coffeecake
This basic recipe came from my Great Grandmother and we have used it for years and years! Can be very tasty if you add fruit to the streusel such as fresh blueberries!! (that's my husband's favorite)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray.
- 2Cream together 1/3 cup butter, white sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- 4Combine half the dry ingredients with the butter/egg/sugar mixture. Add half the milk. Repeat until the dry ingredients and milk have been used up.
- 5Once your batter is complete and smooth - set it aside.
- 6In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients for your streusel topping and cut in the hard butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal with large pea-sized balls of butter and sugar.
- 7Lay half of your batter in your baking pan, sprinkle half the streusel mixture over the batter. Then lay the rest of the cake batter in the pan and sprinkle the rest of the streusel on the top.
- 8Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Streusel Top Coffeecake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 416.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g