Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
My friend Jeannie from southern Ontario sent this to me and she said she got it from the website Cookie Nookie. This tasty dish would be something I'd make for a special occasion.
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
FOR THE PIZZA
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling (or other flavour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, oats and margarine until blended.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the topping.
- Add the egg to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Build up the edges and flute.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Spread the pie filling over the crust to one inch of the edge.
- Combine nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or lightly brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Left overs should be refrigerated.
- Bon Appetit!