Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious dessert. You can substitute pie fillings and make any flavor you like. Blueberry and apple are great too.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, oats and butter until blended; set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Add egg to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 12-inch pizza pan. Build up the edges and flute if desired. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Spread pie filling over crust to within 1 inch of edges. Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.