1/1 Photo of Streusel Sour Cream Muffin Coffeecakes
You can make these up to a day ahead and keep in an airtight container. They are buttery delicious and very moist!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to middle position.
- 3Generously butter the bottoms, sides and tops of 18 non-stick muffin tins.
- 4In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, salt and 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- 5Add in 3/4 cups cold butter and blend with a pasty blender or you fingers until the mixture resembles coarse meal with some pea-size butter pieces in the mixture; transfer 3/4 cup of the mixture to a bowl and blend in cinnamon, the remaining 1/4 cup butter and remainder 1/4 cup brown sugar with your fingertips or pastry blender until crumbly.
- 6Stir in the chopped nuts; chill for 15 minutes.
- 7Whisk together sour cream, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda.
- 8Add in the flour mixture until JUST combined (the batter will be stiff).
- 9Divide the batter evenly between the 18 muffin tins (they should be about two-thirds full).
- 10Sprinkle each with streusel topping (pressing it lightly into the batter).
- 11Bake coffeecakes for about 20-25 minutes, or until they test done with a toothpick inserted in the middle.
- 12Cool in the pans on racks for 30 minutes.
- 13Loosen the cakes with a small sharp knife, then carefully remove cakes from the muffin tins.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Streusel Sour Cream Muffin Coffeecakes
Serving Size: 1 (1507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 223.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g