Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a twist on pumpkin cheesecake with a yummy cinnamon streusel topping. Go ahead and make two, which will use the whole can of pumpkin pie filling and evaporated milk!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin pie mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄2 ounces evaporated milk
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into greased 13x9 dish.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Spread over crust.
- In another mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add pie mix, pumpkin pie spice, and milk; pour over crust.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- Bake 350° 45 minute or until golden brown. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled before cutting.
I thought this recipe was pretty good, but I did find an error in it. The directions tell you to add an egg to the cake mix along with butter and to mix until crumbly .. well, when I added the egg - it turned gooey. I had to make a cake with that and start over (thank goodness I had another cake mix on hand), and just mix the cake mix and butter to pull the 2/3 cup out for part of the topping. I'm surprised no one else mentioned that in their review. Anyway .. everyone really liked it when I served it on Thanksgiving.
Replaced evap milk with heavy whipping cream...would use more next time because the object is to get the pumpkin layer thin and light enough to lay on top Of the cheese layer, so it doesn't sink into it. Made my own cake mix with the yellow cake mix recipe on here. Added the vanilla in that recipe, but not the egg, as reviews on here suggested. It was quite a bit too sweet and sugary for my family, so I would cut back on the amount of sugar, but other than that, was delicious. Like a pumpkin cheesecake over a sugar cookie! Yum! Thank you!
My wife needed something for her business meeting that was different. I found this recipe and it was a total smash hit. Everyone wanted the recipe I told it was family secret. Then I gave copies of it out. I think this would be good any function any time of the year. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.