Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a twist on pumpkin cheesecake with a yummy cinnamon streusel topping. Go ahead and make two, which will use the whole can of pumpkin pie filling and evaporated milk!
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into greased 13x9 dish.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Spread over crust.
- In another mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add pie mix, pumpkin pie spice, and milk; pour over crust.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- Bake 350° 45 minute or until golden brown. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled before cutting.
I thought this recipe was pretty good, but I did find an error in it. The directions tell you to add an egg to the cake mix along with butter and to mix until crumbly .. well, when I added the egg - it turned gooey. I had to make a cake with that and start over (thank goodness I had another cake mix on hand), and just mix the cake mix and butter to pull the 2/3 cup out for part of the topping. I'm surprised no one else mentioned that in their review. Anyway .. everyone really liked it when I served it on Thanksgiving.
My wife needed something for her business meeting that was different. I found this recipe and it was a total smash hit. Everyone wanted the recipe I told it was family secret. Then I gave copies of it out. I think this would be good any function any time of the year. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.
Best dessert ever!!!!