1/3 Photos of Streusel Plum Cake
This cake is low in fat and not too sweet. The glaze is optional, it takes a minute to prepare and adds only a few more calories. Great way to use up fresh plumbs in season. We like it best without the glaze, which also helps the diabetic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml soft margarine
- 2 eggs, separated
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 2 (793.78 g) can plums, drained (or 2 cups halved ripe plums)
- 1In a large bowl, cream together sugar, margarine and egg yolks until fluffy.
- 2Combine flour with baking powder.
- 3Beat into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 5Fold into batter.
- 6Pour batter into greased 9 inch square cake pan.
- 7Halve and pit plums.
- 8Arrange over batter.
- 9Streusel topping-------------.
- 10In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon.
- 11Sprinkle over fruit.
- 12Bake in 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden and tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
- 13Glaze (optional) --------------.
- 14Combine icing sugar, milk and vanilla.
- 15Drizzle over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Streusel Plum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 109.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g