Recipe by adena mangis
This is a yummy breakfast or brunch cake. It is from Treasury of Christmas Recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine nuts, brown sugar, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar and margarine until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time; beat well. Gradually beat in lemon juice.
- Add milk alternately with flour mixture and stir well.
- Spoon half of batter into greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with half the nut mixture; top with remaining batter. Top with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely and store tightly wrapped.