Recipe by chef FIFI
This recipe is muffin like in texture. The flavors of the lemon and blueberry compliment each other.
- 1⁄3 cup butter (MELTED)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed, not bottled)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (FROZEN)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (white)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Fold in blueberries -- Do Not let the blueberries thaw or it will discolor batter.
- Pour into a greased 8x4 loaf/bread pan.
- Cut butter in tiny little chunks.
- In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Stir, smash and pinch all the streusel ingredients to well incorporate them. Then evenly top the bread batter.
- Place in oven for about 60-80 minutes, make sure middle is done. Let cool for about 1 1/2 hours. *cooking times depends on oven*.