Recipe by rainna
This is a cupcake with a nice cookie on top. It has a distinctive honey taste and very nutty.
For Streusel Cookie topping
- 1 ounce brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
For Honey Streusel Cupcakes
- 7 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 5 ounces brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup honey (you can substitute for maple syrup)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts (I used pistachios, almonds and cashew nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Streusel Cookie Topping.
- Heat oven to 150°C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream brown sugar and the butter until soft, add the honey at this point. Add the flour and mix it in, and the walnuts.
- Spread the mixture thinly onto a baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes until it browns lightly. Let it cool.
- It will look like a hard cookie. Use a dough cutter or a sharp knife and cut into 1 1/2" squares (approximate). You should get about 12 pieces. Set the cookie pieces aside.
- For the Cupcakes:
- Reduce oven temperature to 140°C Prepare your muffin tins with paper cups.
- Place the dry ingredients in the bowl of the electric mixer; Flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter and beat until combined. Add eggs, honey, and milk. Once mixed, add in the nuts.
- Fill the cup cake holders up till ¾ full.
- Top with a cookie square and bake for 10 to 20 minutes. Let to cool and sprinkle some icing sugar over the cupcakes for decoration.