Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a copy-cat for Starbucks - posted by request
For the Streusel
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cake
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan, a 9-inch springform pan or an 8-inch square pan.
- To make the streusel, in a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and melted butter.
- Blend well and set aside.
- To make the cake, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Beat vigorously until smooth and quite thick, about 1 minute.
- Spread half of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with half the streusel mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter over the streusel and top with remaining streusel.
- Bake until cake tests done, about 50 minutes.
- Cool about 20 minutes, then remove cake from pan.
THIS COFFEE CAKE IS SO AWESOME!!! I wish that I could've given it a billion stars! Impera_Magna, you seriously rock! I have been in search of buying Starbuck's Crumbleberry Coffee Cake, but only a few stores sell it (in-store). So, I found the source of the cake and e-mailed them about the price etc. However, they are retiring the cake for a minimum of months!!! So, I was bummed and decided to try and recreate the heavenly delight myself...GREAT IDEA! I stumbled across this recipe and went bananas :) The cake is so awesome and so moist it should be a crime! I did have to add to the recipe to get the desired taste that I was looking for with the fruit combo. I added blueberries, blackberries and raspberries (fresh ,cut in half) to the center of the cake mixture and on top underneath the top layer of streusel. I made it yesterday and it is almost gone! I'm not sure what the other individual did wrong to the recipe to make their cake dry, but it had to be done wrong! There is NOTHING dry about this wonderful cake :) It is rich, moist, fruity (if you add it) and thick! Each addition to the cake balances out all the flavors! And, to save a little money. Instead of buying a box of graham cracker crumbs. I just bought one graham cracker pie shell...it is the exact amount crumbled up that the recipe calls for! I saved $2...every little bit helps! Again, great job! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am actually baking another one in a day or so :) HAVE A BLESSED DAY! Ciao~
I requested this recipe a couple of years ago...and I've been making it ever since!! This is the most delicious, moist and tender coffee cake I've ever made and YES it does taste just like Starbuck's!! 10 STars!! Thank you for posting, sorry it took so long for me to realize I've never reviewed this fabulous recipe!
Very moist coffee cake. I really liked the grahams in the streusel. I can't say whether it tastes like Starbucks or not as I only had theirs once, about 6 years ago. But this coffee cake is very good!!!