Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe for a Streusel-topped coffeecake mix. This mix can be used to prepare *three* 9-inch coffeecakes. Each coffeecake serves 9.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
Ingredients needed to prepare cake
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- To prepare the mixes: Combine the cake mix ingredients; set aside. Combine the first four Streusel ingredients; add pecans. Store both mixes in separate airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (6 cups of cake mix, 2 1/4 cups of streusel).
- To prepare coffee cake: In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of cake mix, egg, milk and oil; mix well. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup streusel mix and butter; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings per batch.