Recipe by Marlene.
I'm posting this in response to a request -- Guessing on prep time as recipe doesn't say.
Top Review by littlewarrior
I doubled the Streusel as well. I used a 9x13 and had a hard time splitting the batter. I poured it all in, topped it with a frozen berry mix, followed by the Streusel topping and baked for 40 min...wonderful!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons firm margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Prepare streusel.
- Mix all ingredients until crumbly.
- Beat remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Spread half of the batter in greased oblong pan, 13x9x2" or square pan, 9x9x2"; sprinkle with half the streusel.
- Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.