I'm posting this in response to a request -- Guessing on prep time as recipe doesn't say.
Make and share this Streusel Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons firm margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Prepare streusel.
- Mix all ingredients until crumbly.
- Beat remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Spread half of the batter in greased oblong pan, 13x9x2" or square pan, 9x9x2"; sprinkle with half the streusel.
- Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
I doubled the Streusel as well. I used a 9x13 and had a hard time splitting the batter. I poured it all in, topped it with a frozen berry mix, followed by the Streusel topping and baked for 40 min...wonderful!
Fantastic coffee cake! More moist than other coffee cakes I've had. I love Streusel so I use 3/4 c. brown sugar, 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 4 Tbsp butter or marg. ( I melt it), and 4 Tbsp. flour. Thanks for the recipe. I made a 9x13 pan for my husband to take to work this morning and everyone wants the recipe!
Nice flavour. I used whole wheat flour, and found it kind of doughy, but that is really my own fault. Not all recipes adapt to whole wheat well. We still ate the whole pan, which says its pretty good cake.