For unexpected guests at Thanksgiving or any time, here is a quick and easy coffee cake that everyone wil love! The streusel topping is a yummy mixture that includes brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. The cake is lightly spiced with orange and vanilla. Its delicious!!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 -inch loaf pan.
- Combine ingredients for streusel topping in a bowl, Reserve.
- Beat sugar and oil until combined. Add egg, orange juice and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour and baking powder. Beat just until combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle half the streusel topping over batter. Place remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with remaining streusel mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- TIPS: You can replace the walnuts with raisins or dried cranberries.