Recipe by Sherri at the Beach
Great first course for a brunch or simple tasty dessert. Kids love it too!
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 4 firm pears
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 baking pan to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and honey. Cover and chill.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and allspice.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon or fruit baller, remove seeds and stem.
- Place pears cut side down on baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes just until pears start to soften.
- Turn pears over and spoon oat mixture over pears.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until topping is light golden brown.
- Cool pears 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with yogurt sauce drizzled over the top.