Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious dessert that requires very little effort (anyone can make this!) and is healthier than something like pie or cobbler. Also makes a great treat for breakfast!
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (oat and honey cereal)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 apples (Golden Delicious or Jonathan suggested)
- whipped cream (optional) or Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350* and spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cereal, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl, then cut in butter until it is crumbly.
- Cut apples in half lengthwise and remove core and seeds.
- Place apples in pan, cut side down, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, apples should be slightly tender to a fork.
- Turn apples in pan so the cut side is up.
- Divide cereal mixture evenly, place on top of apples and pat down gently.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until topping is a light golden brown and apples are tender.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped topping.