Montana Heart Song's Note:
Sometimes you just have to stretch meat for many reasons.This is a quick and easy recipe to stretch two steaks to feed four persons, 4 steaks to feed 8 persons. Just double the ingredients.Use beef or pork steaks.You may freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: If you can't eat sugar, use 1 can 8oz tomato sauce and sugar free apricot preserves and 1 tsp vinegar or can diced tomatoes, blended with 2oz splenda and 1 tsp vinegar.
- 21 green bell pepper, course chopped.
- 3Partially freeze the steaks.
- 4Then cut paper thin strips across the grain.
- 5In skillet, add olive oil,steak strips, salt,onions and green peppers.
- 6Saute until steak is slightly browned and onions translucent and peppers slightly tender.Add barbecue sauce and apricot preserves or the substitute recipe for barbecue sauce.
- 7Stir until mixed.
- 8Pile on buns, rolls or tortillas.
- 9You may cool and pack in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze. Just warm up in microwave to serve.
- 10Prep time includes time in freezer for meat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stretch Steak Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 834.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: