Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I haven't tried this yet and am not sure if it is to remove or prevent (or both) stretch marks.
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
- 1 teaspoon light sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon apricot kernel oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
- 2 teaspoons grated beeswax
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix together all ingredients except the vanilla extract.
- Heat the mixture gently until the cocoa butter and beeswax have melted; stir well.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, if desired.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in a clean jar with a tight- fitting lid.
- Massage into your skin.
i used to have a toiletry businss and worked with cocoa butter and the other oils that have been mentioned. With my knowledge of oils, this cream should help prevent stretch marks. I think the vanilla extract is used for smell. Do no use any essential oils in this cream as some ESO can start labor....mind you, you might want it if you are 10 months pregnant!! If your skin is so inclined to get stretch marks, there is nothing you can do to prevent it and once you have them, they do not go away. As to OhMyStars! comments regarding seperation, it would have been the vanilla extract that would have been the culprit. If you can't find the oils locally, they are available off the 'net.
So far, so good . . . and if it works, I'll kick up the stars. The only problem I encountered was that either the sesame oil or the vanilla seperated out of the mix. The hardest part was finding the apricot kernel oil! Smells nice and feels very "rich" but DD has a few months to go so we'll know more then. Thanks for posting this.