Recipe by BamaKathy
I got this recipe from an equally stressed friend when my children were small. It saved us many nights when I was just too tired to cook a full meal. It's comfort food at its best and my children still request it when they come home to visit. Serve with hot rolls and you've got meat, veggies, and bread in one dish. Yummmm!
- 1 (10 ounce) packagemahatma yellow rice mix
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In saucepan, prepare yellow rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare broccoli in microwave according to package directions and drain.
- Mix all ingredients together and put into casserole.
- Bake, loosely covered with foil, at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.