Recipe by JESMom
Another from The Biggest Loser Cookbook. It says that 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne is too much for most people, but a pinch is too little. I say take it slow :0
Top Review by LoriLions
I made this recipe in the ratios written except that I used dried parsley. I think it was missing something...garlic perhaps? The Biggest Loser Cookbook mentions using a low fat feta but I don't think that's the issue. I rubbed the parsley together to release the flavors before adding to the recipe but I still think it was missing something. I baked the mushrooms in my toaster oven on a foil lined pan for EASY clean-up. Will definitely make again with garlic perhaps?
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Take the stems out of the mushrooms by twisting them until they come loose. Mince the stems and place them in a small dish.
- Add the cheese, parsley, oil and cayenne to the dish and mix well.
- Place the caps in the dish stem side up. Spoon the mixture into the caps.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool slightly before serving.