Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is a great tasting recipe and so easy that even my daughter doesn't complain when I ask her to make it.
Top Review by T-Logan
Oh goodness - the RAVES I got when I decided to do Mexican night starring these chimichangas. Everyone loved these - next time I'll make a double batch. For the four people who were eating, the six chimichangas this made just wasn't enough. I paired it up with Sweet Corn Tomalito and refried beans. WONDERFUL! This is going in my permanent recipe collection.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Brown meat with onion and garlic.
- Drain, but do not rinse.
- Stir in picante sauce, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Brush one side of the tortillas with butter.
- On unbuttered side spoon heaping 1/3 cup of meat mixture into center.
- Fold 2 sides over filling, fold ends down.
- Place seam side down in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve, top with sour cream, guacamole and additional picante sauce.