Recipe by ellie3763
from saveur - http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Chocolate-Almond-Cookies-Strazzate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup galliano liqueur or 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄3 cup coffee, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F Grease 2 baking sheets with butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking powder and 1 tbsp lukewarm water until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine ground almonds, chopped almonds, flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, oil, and salt.
- With a wooden spoon, vigorously stir in the baking powder mixture, liqueur, and coffee to form a wet dough.
- Using your hands, roll 1 oz chunks of dough into balls and transfer to prepared baking sheets spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until set (about 30 minutes). Transfer to racks to cool.