Recipe by Britt O's sweetie pie
There is a restaurant in Shreveport, LA that is famous for it's Strawberry Pie. I got this recipe back in the 70's In fact, Strawn's is known for this pie. I got this recipe many years ago and make it during strawberry season.
- 9 inches baked pie shells
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn starch, sugar and salt in saucepan. Mix to a paste with 3 tbsp water. Then boil the cup of water and slowly add to sugar mixture. Boil on low heat til the mixture is thick and clear. Add lemon juice and food coloring.
- Cool 15 minutes then add sliced strawberries.
- Pour into shell. Chill.
- Whip cream and slowly add sugar and spread on pie.