Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fabulous cake is made for special occasions. I had lost the recipe for years, but recently found it again. I got the recipe on line many years ago, don't know where. Whenever I do take it to family get togethers, everyone wants the recipe.
- Separate eggs and beat whites till stiff. Combine rest of ingredients including egg yolk and beat well. Fold in egg whites. Grease 3 9 inch cake pans and divide mixture between them.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Frosting: Cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugars, blend well. Then add vanilla and fold in Cool Whip.
- Cut strawberries into slices, reserve some for top.
- When cake is cool, layer with frosting then strawberries.
- REFRIGERATE cake OVERNIGHT or it will be a total flop!
I made this for my sons birthday. It truly was yum yum! The icing was a little sweet but we made quick work of it.
OMG!!! This lady makes this strawberry cake here that is out of this world delicious, she recently fell and broke her wrist and doesn't bake anymore. My daughter and I went on a "mission" to find a recipe that we thought would mirror her's and we decided to try this one. I asked my DH if he thought it tasted like her's and he said "better" thank you sosososos much for this great recipe!!!!