Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Cooking Light. Haven't tried these yet, but the addition of strawberry yogurt and fresh strawberries sound delicious together.
Top Review by Annacia
YUM, I made a half recipe for 6 scones and used Splenda for the sugar. Since I'm inherently lazy I didn't bother with grating the 1/4 tsp of orange peel but added a crop of orange extract. Have to say that I really loved the strawberry chunks :D. They baked up very nicely and were truly delicious with Recipe #460276
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, diced
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Combine strawberries, yogurt, butter, rind and egg white; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times with floured hands. Pat into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut into 12 wedges, cutting into but not through dough, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.