Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These were delicious this morning. I had some yogurt that I needed to use so whipped these up. Very light and tasty.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt (about 8 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, yogurt and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Spray griddle with Pam or use a slab of butter for each pancake and heat over medium heat.
- Pour approximately ½ cup of batter onto a preheated griddle.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or the top is nice and bubbly.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
These came out exactly like the picture! They were so light, fluffy, and soft. I even made a strawberry sauce to drape over the top, perfecting the masterpiece. Absolutely loved it! Will definitely be saving this recipe :) Just don't forget to change the serving size lol--I unintentionally made 9.
Great pancakes! Light and fluffy. Subbed canola oil for the butter. Used organic strawberry yogurt which doesn't seem too "strawberry-y" to me, so these didn't have much strawberry flavor. I'm sure any yogurt flavor would work well, and this goes into my "Too Much Yogurt" cookbook. Added mini chocolate chips while cooking then topped with whipped cream and strawberries for the kids who loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!