Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These were delicious this morning. I had some yogurt that I needed to use so whipped these up. Very light and tasty.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, yogurt and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Spray griddle with Pam or use a slab of butter for each pancake and heat over medium heat.
- Pour approximately ½ cup of batter onto a preheated griddle.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or the top is nice and bubbly.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
Great pancakes! Light and fluffy. Subbed canola oil for the butter. Used organic strawberry yogurt which doesn't seem too "strawberry-y" to me, so these didn't have much strawberry flavor. I'm sure any yogurt flavor would work well, and this goes into my "Too Much Yogurt" cookbook. Added mini chocolate chips while cooking then topped with whipped cream and strawberries for the kids who loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum...light and fluffy. Crispy edges...perfect. I cut the recipe in 1/2. Used a pkt. of Truvia instead of sugar, egg beaters, canola oil, plain yogurt, and a cup pf pureed strawberry. I actually replaced all the buttermilk except 1/4 c. with yogurt. We ate them plain...just skipped the syrup...they are wonderful.