Recipe by LMillerRN
Combine convenience and great taste by adding strawberry yogurt to cake mix! From Betty Crocker.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Made this for MIL's birthday. It was enjoyed by everyone. The only thing we didn't like was that the juice from the berries ran. So even though it didn't look as pretty as when I first made it, it tasted great! And who can complain about nice, sweet, juicey berries in February! Thanks
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (6 ounce) containeroriginal yoplait strawberry yogurt (2/3 cup)
- whipped vanilla frosting (1 tub)
- 1 quart strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Generously grease bottoms and sides of 2 round pans, 8x1 1/2 or 9x1 1/2 inches, with shortening; lightly flour.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and yogurt in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch rounds 27 to 32 minutes, 9-inch rounds 23 to 28 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around side of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread 1/3 cup frosting over 1 cake layer to within 1/4 inch of edge. Cut about 10 strawberries into 1/4-inch slices; arrange on frosted layer. Top with second layer. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Cut remaining strawberries in half; arrange on top of cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- For greater portability, make the cake as directed using a greased and floured 13x9-inch rectangular pan, and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in the pan. Spread frosting over top of cake, and garnish with 1 pint (2 cups) of strawberries.