Recipe by Emma Walton
this is a low fat dessert I found in an old recipe folder. Instead of strawberries, use any complimentary fruit and fruit flavoured yogurt.
- 1⁄2 pint low-fat milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 14 ounces strawberry yogurt (thick and creamy)
- strawberry, sliced for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a 1 pint pudding basin and line with cling film.
- Heat the milk, egg yolks and cornflour over a low heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Do not boil.
- Leave to cool.
- Puree half the strawberries and chop the remainder, then sprinkle with sugar.
- When the mixture is cool, mix together with the chopped and pureed strawberries and the yogurt.
- Pour into the prepared basin.
- Cover with cling film and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with slices of strawberry.