Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Now that spring is here (boing) and summer is on the way, here's a refreshing soup that's delicious and just a tiny bit sophisticated.
- 2 pints strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 sliced strawberries (to garnish)
- In a food processor, finely chop the 2 pints of strawberries with the confectioners' sugar.
- Add the wine, buttermilk and salt.
- Blend briefly and chill.
- Serve in chilled bowls, each garnished with a sliced strawberry.
I culdn't decide if this was a soup or dessert and didn't realize before I made it that it was going to be so sweet. This is probably just my opinion because I do not have a sweet tooth at all. I would use less sugar and perhaps some yogurt instead of the buttermilk. Chardonnay was what I had on hand and which I thought went well with the strawberries. Very interesting recipe, Mirj.
This soup is wonderful. I made it for the 4th of July, and I'm making it for a cocktail party next month. We use sugar substitute instead of the real thing.
Great taste! I put in a little more Chardonnay and upped the sugar to taste.