Recipe by limecat
Delicious recipe for the kids! I have put this recipe up as mini cupcakes to make it more kid friendly for canteen items. This is a variation of a recipe posted Posted by Chef #814393
- 1 2⁄3 cups self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup raw sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 drops strawberry essence
- red food coloring
- 50 g white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat fanforced oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl until well combined and slightly frothy. add oil and whisk well.
- combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. make a well in the centre. pour in egg mixture. stir until well combined and smooth.
- add food dye and strawberry essence. mix well.
- pour batter into 12 hole mini muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden colour, should just spring back when you touch them.
- whilst mini cupcakes are cooking place white chocolate and milk in microwave safe dish and heat for 30 seconds, heating in 10 second intervals until just melted -- stir until smooth and combined.
- allow cupcakes to cool before icing them.
- spread 1/2 tsp white chocolate over cooled cupcakes and leave to set.