Recipe by English_Rose
A fruity cheesecake with whirls of white chocolate that looks almost too pretty to eat. Works really well if you exchange the strawberries for raspberries and the white chocolate for dark.....Scrummy!!
Top Review by Shuzbud
This is a lovely, light summery cheesecake recipe! I used digestive biscuits for the base as we can't get graham crackers here. I found when I added the melted white chocolate that the cream cheese and mascarpone were so cold the chocolate went solid really quickly, so next time I'll set the cream cheese and mascarpone out of the fridge for a while so they're not so chilled. Personally, for my taste, I'd prefer it with more of a white chocolate flavour so will try 300g next time. I added a little vanilla extract to top up the flavour and that worked really well. Thanks!
- 6 ounces graham crackers
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 7 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 10 ounces soft cream cheese
- 7 ounces mascarpone cheese or 7 ounces creme fraiche
- 8 ounces strawberries, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the crackers in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix the crumbs together with the softened butter and press firmly onto the base and sides of a 8in springform tin. Refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave and set aside until needed.
- Beat together the cream cheese and mascarpone or creme fraiche until smooth and thick.
- Add the strawberries to the cheese mixture with the melted white chocolate and mix.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling into the base.
- Level the top and chill for about 4 hours until set.