The flavors of white chocolate and strawberry marry to create a sensational strawberry buttercream. This frosting pairs well with white or strawberry cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the strawberries, either by setting them out for several hours or microwaving on the defrost setting until no longer cool to the touch.
- 2Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender. If the mixture is still cold, defrost in the microwave until no longer cool to the touch.
- 3Break the chocolate into squares and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the oil and microwave, stopping and stirring every 15 seconds, until the chocolate is completely melted. Do not allow the mixture to exceed 160°F A double boiler may be used to melt the chocolate mixture if you prefer.
- 4Add 1/2 cup strawberry puree to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Microwave briefly if necessary until mixture is smooth.
- 5Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water. Set the bowl with the melted mixture directly in the ice water. Be careful not to get any water into the bowl. Stir constantly with a spoon or whisk until the mixture becomes thick and holds stiff peaks. Immediately remove from the ice water.
- 6Allow the buttercream to sit for several minutes. If it has become solid, it is too cold and will need to rest until it has returned to room temperature.
- 7Beat the buttercream until thick and airy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-White Chocolate Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g