Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Veggie Life.
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot, see note
- 3 cups white grape juice or 3 cups filtered apple juice
- 2 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry all-fruit spread
- NOTE: you can also use Kuzu in place of arrowroot. The frozen strawberries should be unsweetened and thawed.
- In small bowl mix arrowroot and 2 tbsp juice until smooth. Set aside.
- In med saucepan combine juice and agar flakes. Bring to boil over med heat and simmer. Stir often until agar dissolves.
- Stir arrowrroot then stir into mix slowly while stirring constantly and cook for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool somewhat. Stir occasionally.
- In blender puree strawberries and jam. Add juice mix and blend. Pour into serving dish or individual parfait dishes. Chill until set.
- Fluff [NOTE THIS PART IS NOT VEGAN]:.
- Beat two egg whites until stiff and fold in before pouring into serving dish.