Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so easy to make, it's almost a crime. Light, refreshing, and delicious! First time I made it, it was all I could do not to eat half of it as I scooped it out of the ice cream maker.
- 4 cups watermelon
- 1 pint strawberry (fresh)
- 1⁄3 cup da vinci sugar free lemon syrup
- 8 mint leaves (fresh)
- 3⁄4 ounce rum
- Prepare the strawberries and set aside about 1/2 cup pieces.
- Put watermelon, other strawberries, syrup, and mint leaves into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared ice cream maker.
- Add rum. The rum lowers the freezing temperature of the sorbet. You need it because you haven't added sugar (which also lowers the freezing temperature).
- Let the ice cream maker do its thing! At about 5-10 minutes into the cycle, add the other strawberries.
- Notes: If you don't want to go with da Vinci syrup you can make a simple syrup and use that, just do it ahead of time and refrigerate it.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, just let it freeze for an hour or so in the freezer. Fold it with a spoon to break up the ice crystals and let it continue to freeze.