This is so easy to make, it's almost a crime. Light, refreshing, and delicious! First time I made it, it was all I could do not to eat half of it as I scooped it out of the ice cream maker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the strawberries and set aside about 1/2 cup pieces.
- 2Put watermelon, other strawberries, syrup, and mint leaves into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 3Pour into prepared ice cream maker.
- 4Add rum. The rum lowers the freezing temperature of the sorbet. You need it because you haven't added sugar (which also lowers the freezing temperature).
- 5Let the ice cream maker do its thing! At about 5-10 minutes into the cycle, add the other strawberries.
- 6Notes: If you don't want to go with da Vinci syrup you can make a simple syrup and use that, just do it ahead of time and refrigerate it.
- 7If you don't have an ice cream maker, just let it freeze for an hour or so in the freezer. Fold it with a spoon to break up the ice crystals and let it continue to freeze.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Watermelon Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: