Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this chilly refreshing slushy I concocted when trying to use up extra watermelon. Its really easy and simple to throw together. Love it, love it, love it!!!
- 1 cup frozen watermelon, pieces (I cut up extra watermelon into pieces and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I use turbinado, an unprocessed sugar, regular sugar may be a little sweeter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vitamin C powder (optional)
- 1 cup fresh purified water
- Place ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend until desired consistency adding more water if needed.
- ***Be sure to remove the seeds.
I tried this with and without sugar. (I try more and less successfully to avoid the stuff.) My 3yo slurped his up without the sugar. I was good that way, but I have to admit, it was a bit better with the sugar. Reviewed for for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.